follow me on redux

23.3.07

Nasty goings on in Jamaica

A Eulogy for Robert Woolmer if you like ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ So it looks like Pakistan’s coach Bob Woolmer was murdered according to lots of reports I have read; I am inclined to believe those reports as well. It could of course have no link with betting at all BUT after knowing what I and lots of other cricket lovers know I reckon it is personally. Bob as some of you may not know was born on the sub continent in 1948 in India; he was a batsman/bowler he scored the lowest century against us Australians I recall from memory not from reading it, his major teams he played for were England, Kent, Natal and western province both in South Africa. He coached South Africa, Warwickshire and Pakistan; Wisden’s cricketer of the year in 1976 I did read that as I buy a copy every year; for those not in the know it is a cricketer’s almanac. Like a lot of international cricketers he spoilt his career sadly by joining rebel mob World Series Cricket but really messed up by joining a rebel tour to South Africa as did the others but not all.

So all in all a fine man it seems and so sport claims one more victim in a different way such a terrible thing as he was young by my standards at least and I extend my sympathy to his family and the whole cricketing world.

A shame in such circumstances his team had been knocked out of the world cup; and a good team at that.

if you go to this site you can send condolences on it via a simple mouse click; I just did.

RIP Bob .

No comments:

Post a Comment