follow me on redux

7.12.06

News as I read it around the globe

Plus some funnies The FBI questioned a female passenger re flatulence lol oh my goodness horror of horrors not a brain fart this one but a real one pooh er phew sorry I got carried away there lol. Trust the BBC to pick that up still I guess a lot of newspapers and media did. Outer space electricians "Shuttle set for complex mission" The mission may be one of the hardest yet for NASA astronauts The crew of space shuttle Discovery is preparing to lift off on what NASA says will be a "truly complex mission". Early on Friday, seven astronauts will embark on a tricky and hazardous bid to rewire electrics on the International Space Station (ISS). Discovery will launch from Kennedy Space Center in Florida at 2136 EDT (0200 GMT) I reckon that’s about 1100 AM AEST - making it the first NIGHT lift-off since the Columbia disaster. Good luck to all of you and a safe return. Weird and I mean weird news Weird Fact of the Day The national anthem of Greece has 158 verses. No one in Greece has memorised all 158 verses I can understand that. Weird funny place names Would you like to live here? I don’t think I would These are names of actual locations: Arsoli (Lazio, Italy) Bastard (Norway) Beaver (Oklahoma, USA) Beaver Head (Idaho, USA) Brown Willy (Cornwall,UK) Chinaman's Knob (Australia) Climax (Colorado, USA) C**t (Spain) C**ter (Switzerland) Dikshit (India) Dildo (Newfoundland, Canada) Dong Rack (Thailand-Cambodia border) Dongo (Congo - Democratic Republic) Effin (Limerick, Ireland) Fuku (Shensi, China) Fukue (Honshu, Japan) Fukui (Honshu, Japan) Fukum (Yemen) Hold With Hope (Greenland) Intercourse (Pennsylvania, USA) Lickey End (West Midlands, UK) Little Dix Village (West Indies) Lord Berkeley's Knob (Sutherland, Scotland) Middle Intercourse Island (Australia) Muff (Northern Ireland) Nobber (Donegal, Ireland) Pis Pis River (Nicaragua) Sexmoan (Luzon, Philippines) Seymen (Turkey) Shafter (California, USA) Shag Island (Indian Ocean) Shitlingthorpe (Yorkshire, UK) Tittybong (Australia) Tong Fuk (Japan) Turdo (Romania) Twatt (Orkney, UK) Wank (Germany) Wankendorf (Schleswig-Holstein, Germany) Wankener (India) Wankie (Zimbabwe) Wankie Colliery (Zimbabwe) Wanks River (Nicaragua) Wankum (Germany) Wet Beaver Creek (Australia) I edited a couple as you can see not tasteful in my opinion however it seems this is in actual fact the truth. And now for my round up Stupid Quotes - gaffes, blunders and embarrassing words 640K ought to be enough for anybody. Bill Gates, 1981. My fellow Americans I'm pleased to tell you I just signed legislation which outlaws Russia forever. The bombing begins in five minutes. Ronald Reagan, said by the US President during a microphone test in 1984. We don't pay taxes. Only the little people pay taxes. Leona Helmsley, the US businesswoman dubbed "the Queen of Mean." She was sentenced in 1992 to four years in prison and fined $7.1m for tax evasion. I hate that one. People can have the Model T in any color...so long as it's black. Henry Ford, founder of the Ford Motor Company. The company was forced to move with the times, introducing a choice of colors in 1925. If you stay here much longer, you'll all be slitty-eyed. Prince Philip, husband of Britain's Queen Elizabeth, to British students in China during a 1986 state visit. Always in strife is Phil the Greek lol. Well that’s my lot for today bed calls after I have done the dishes of course. BBC

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mick,

    Next time I'm up that way, I'll take a photo of the road sign for you, but we have a state park in Kentucky called "Big Bone Lick State Park". I drive by it every time I drive to Cincinnati from Louisville. Cracks me up every time.

    My wife says with my disposition, we should move to Fukum, India.

    Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fukum sounds real good I liked that one myself lol I would like to see this pic for sure if it cracks you up it will crack me up as well no risk, Thanks for commenting Jason much appreciated

    ReplyDelete