follow me on redux

19.11.06

Universal Music sues MySpace.com for copyright infringement

I am now wondering about Google/YouTube LOS ANGELES - Universal Music Group on Friday sued MySpace.com, claiming the online social-networking hub illegally encourages its users to share music and music videos on the site without permission. The complaint, filed in a U.S. District Court, Universal Music contends MySpace, a unit of News Corp is attempting to shield itself from liability by requiring users agree to grant the Web site a license to publish the content they upload to the site. Users, however, have no such authority over works they don't own. This may be so I guess but all the same it is mainly music videos and there was discussion in the UK of ignoring piracy and this could well fit into that category, in response to the lawsuit, MySpace issued a statement saying it is in full compliance with copyright laws and is confident it will prevail in court. Let’s face it Universal is a huge concern far bigger than MySpace, not that I’m batting for MySpace far from it, however if what I read on here seems likely I must upload some of my enemies in double quick time lol. I also much to my astonishment received this in my mail box today nothing new really as all kinds of bugs are on lots of sites. {My Space Attacks Now, I already know that many of you think of MySpace as only a joke, I think several of you use it to keep in touch with your friends and families. Whichever group you fall into, this tip is good to know. Recently, My Space has been getting hit with a lot of virus and malware material. Basically, they have been hacked into. The viruses have been in circulation for quite awhile now and they can do anything from changing settings to deleting files to harming computers. Basically, the computer experts think that the hackers have hidden dangerous software within the site and users can be attacked without even knowing it, just by viewing other peoples' pages. With My Space, you can add different images and texts to your profile without even knowing that they could contain a piece of malware that could damage your computer. If you see any odd activity going on within your profile, the best thing to do is change your password. If you keep changing that, it will be harder for the hackers to find you. Also, it is said that the My Space developers are working hard to combat anything from spreading further, so that is a relief as well. This all may sound scary, but I'm by no means telling you to stop using My Space. These types of things happen in all sorts of programs and on all kinds of Web sites. It's just a thing of the present day times and there's not really anything you can do about it. Of course, only add people to your friends list if you know them and delete anything that may look out of the ordinary. Being cautious is the best thing you can do and that rings true for any online site. Have fun, but stay safe!} The worst ones are spy cookies which can allow a virus in through the back door as it’s called, but this is not a problem today as there are many sites that can get rid of them. Windows has one but I find this one good. Ad aware and its free.

No comments:

Post a Comment