follow me on redux

12.3.06

President G.W.Bush should he be impeached?

A brief summary; President of the United States World Leader Education: B.A. Yale University (1968) MBA Harvard Business School (1975) Date of Birth: July 6, 1946 Career Highlights 46th Governor of Texas (1994-2001); managing general partner of the Texas Rangers (1989-1994); private career in the Texas energy industry (1975-1986). Dossier courtesy of www.forbes.com/ 2001/10/12/gwbush.html When George W. Bush took office in January 2001, after the most contentious U.S. presidential election of the 20th century, it seemed that the biggest challenge his administration would face would be to revitalise a lethargic economy. All of that changed on Sept. 11. Now the man who was derided during the campaign for not knowing the name of the general who runs Pakistan has had to pressure Gen. Pervez Musharraf to be the first line of defense in the war on terrorism. Bush's domestic agenda--ranging from education reform to privatising Social Security--has been tabled to push through legislation that would make it easier for the U.S. to fight terrorism. He has hastily rallied an international coalition to search for terrorists and punish the nations that harbour or abet them. Holding many of these new allies to this avowed purpose could prove difficult the longer U.S. actions continue and the farther from Afghanistan they get. Really I guess it is not my place to say about President G.W.Bush being impeached; I am not American I don't even live there but his policies do come back to haunt us the Australian people; indeed many countries have allied themselves with this man and his policies; that said after reading this article I think it would be good to see him go even though it is a shameful thing to do; one must remember the shameful things he has done is still doing in fact; we are now allied more to the USA than we ever were which is a good thing; I won't argue with that. In fact I am all for that but it is also tearing our nation apart slowly; what it is doing to other allied nations which it seems is now called the coalition, is anyone'’s guess; Also funds to do this have to be met by the various taxpayers from the USA and other countries; The loss of human life I won'’t dwell on as I have before posted similar things; suffice to say it is horrendous on all sides of the coin. Actually as a Blogger I am just having my say on the matter, but it is I think dividing America in some places, which I think is a shame as I like Americans and their country and they saved us in both wars; but I think that Mr. Bush has just gone too far this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment